5 YEAR CONTRACT
Applications are invited for the position of Works Supervisor at the Wudinna District Council.
This position reports directly to the Manager Works and Infrastructure Services. The Works Supervisor has a major responsibility in delivering on the performance and outcomes of the Works area of the Council.
This is a hands-on position and you will be required to supervise staff, operate machinery and carry out maintenance for the District.
The Job and Person Specification provides detail of the requirements of the person for the position, however the core responsibilities include:
- Organising and controlling the Council’s works construction and maintenance programmes.
- Supervising the outside workforce.
- Providing support to the Manager Works and Infrastructure Services.
- Oversight of plant and equipment maintenance.
- Completing administrative tasks as required (time sheets, general depot administration and customer enquiries).
- General maintenance as required (minor repairs to infrastructure).
- Road inspections and reporting.
Working a 76 hour fortnight over 4 days per week (some out of hours work may be required), the successful applicant will enjoy a range of benefits as detailed in the Application Package.
Salary & Conditions: Salary will be in accordance with Council’s AWU Enterprise Bargaining Agreement and the South Australian Municipal Salaried Officer’s Award up to Level 6 ($77,000 - $82,000 per annum), depending on qualifications and/or experience.
Further Information: Further information about the position is available by contacting Kelsey Trezise, Manager Works and Infrastructure Services by phone on (08) 8680 2002 or 0427 396 847.
Applications: Written applications should be marked “Private and Confidential” and forwarded to the Manager Works and Infrastructure Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, delivered in person to the Council office or mailed to PO Box 6, Wudinna SA 5652 by 5pm Friday, 22 January 2021.
ACTING CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER