Contractor Induction Manual
Contractor Registration & Information FormIf you are a contractor and wish to be included in the Council's Preferred Contractor Register, please fill in the form below and return to Council by either dropping it in to the Office during normal office hours, email to email@example.com or mailing it to PO Box 6 Wudinna SA 5652, along with the required documentation listed in the form.
WHS Contractor Management - Contractor Registration & Information Form
Information for Contractors
Wudinna District Council is committed to integrating Work Health and Safety into the day-to-day business of the organisation, with the belief that accidents are preventable and Work Health and Safety is a management priority. Management, particularly Contract Superintendants, are accountable for safety, and responsible for all the people in the workplace. The commitment is based on the fundamental interest in the well-being of workers, volunteers, the general public and clients.
An Induction Package has been developed to assist Council and Contractors to meet their obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012 and associated Regulations and Codes of Practice. The information provided should assist you in the knowledge necessary to work safely and effectively as a Contractor to the Wudinna District Council.
Contractors, whilst engaged by Council are responsible for:
- Ensuring, in their capacity as responsible employers, that they and their workers comply with the provisions of the Work Health and Safety Act 2012 and associated Regulations and Code of Practices.
- Notifying both the Wudinna District Council and SafeWork SA of accidents, incidents and/or dangerous occurances as defined by Part 3 (35-39) of the Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (Incident Notification).
- Ensuring compliance with the advice and/or directives issued by Council and its agents.
- Abiding by the terms of the Contract, including compliance with these Work Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Providing, for themselves and their workers, all necessary protective equipment and enforcing the correct usage and maintenance of any such equipment.
- Exercising due skill, care and expertise in the performance of the contract.
This Manual includes Councils Work Health and Safety Policies that are relevant to Contractors and the "Contractor Management Policy"and consists of the following sections of Wudinna District Council's WH&S and Return to Work Policy Manual:
Contractor Management Procedure
WHS Contractor Management - Hazard Identification
WHS Contractor Management - Contractor Selection
WHS Contractor Management - Contractor Site Induction
WHS Contractor Management - Contractor Monitoring
WHS Construction Activities Guidance Checklist
Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
Work Health Safety and Return to Work Policy
Incident Reporting & Investigation Procedure
Incident / Near Miss Report & Investigation Form
Hazard Management Procedure
Hazard Report Form
Workplace Inspection Procedure
WHS Administration Policy
Communication & Consultation Policy
WHS Communication & Consultation Procedure
Emergency Management Policy
Emergency Management Procedure
First Aid Procedure
Hazardous Work Policy
Confined Space Management Procedure
Isolation, Lock Out, Tag Out Procedure
Electrical Safety Procedure
Hazardous Manual Tasks Procedure
Remote or Isolated Work Procedure
Hazardous Chemicals Procedure
Asbestos WHS Management Procedure
UVR & Inclement Weather Procedure
Prevention of Falls Procedure
Work at Heights Permit
Excavation & Trenching Procedure
Hot Work Procedure
Hot Work Permit
Workzone Traffic Management Procedure
Contractor - Job Safety Analysis
To view the documents above please click on the name of the document you require. To ensure compliance with your contract please make sure that you or any workers read the Policies, Procedures and Forms listed above that are relevant to the work that you or any workers will be performing for Council.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the Council Office for clarification.