The Council have a Toyota Coaster Bus available for hire by the public. The bus costs $1.03 per kilometre inc GST (valid to July 2016) to hire (fee includes fuel). The bus seats 19 people (including the driver) and has a tow bar.
1) To hire the bus it is advisable to phone the Council office to determine if the bus is available on the day you wish to use it.
2) You must complete an Application for Hire to confirm your booking. This form can be downloaded from below or alternatively you can call into the Council office or request the form to be faxed or posted to you. When completing the Application for Hire, a driver must be designated.
3) The driver must then complete a Driver Declaration which can be found on the second page of the Application for Hire form. If the driver has already completed a Declaration in the last 12 months then this is not required. Further information can be found in the Community Bus Hire Policy below.
4) Please return to Council office: the completed Application for Hire form and Driver's Declaration form with a copy of their bus license (if required).
Bus hire for persons residing outside of the Wudinna District requires written application to Council for approval.
In order to hire the Bus, please print and read the following documents:
In 1999 the Council, in conjunction with Bev Edmonds (Mid West Health & Community Services), applied for funding for the purchase of a Community Bus that could be utilised by the public for private and community transport. Contributions for the bus were gratefully received from:
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Community Benefit SA
- CRT/Bayer Australia
- Mid West Health & Aged Care
- Wudinna Hotel-Motel Social Club
- Wudinna Community Club
- Warramboo Community Club
- Yaninee Sports Club
- SA Farmers Federation