Justices of the Peace
In the Wudinna District area
A list of the Justices' of the Peace in the district can be obtained from the Council office or search on the here for your local area.
For appointment as a Justice of the Peace, the applicant:
- must be a Naturalised Australian Citizen
- must be of good character
- must have extensive community involvement
- must not have a criminal record
- must not have been declared bankrupt
- must have a vacancy in their residential area.
The duties of Justices of the Peace involves the witnessing of signatures to various documents, statutory declarations and the taking of affidavits. As well as this names of JPs are given out to members of the public who require the services of a Justice of the Peace.