Permits / Approvals

If you are unsure whether you need a permit from Council to carry out a particular action, please confirm with Council before commencement.

 Listed below are just some of the permits/approvals issued by Council:


Building/Development Approval

Click here for Building/Development Approval Information

Burning Permits

Click here for Burning Permit Information


Event Application

Click here for Event Application form


Temporary Road Closure

From time-to-time, Wudinna & District roads are closed in order to hold special events.
If your business or community organisation would like to close a Wudinna District road or part of a road:

  • Put the request in writing to the Chief Executive Officer, Wudinna District Council, preferably within 2 months of the closure (this will allow enough time for the request to go before Council and a public notice to be published).
  • In your request, specify exactly which road or which portion of road you would like closed, the exact times and date/s of the road closure, and the purpose of the road closure

Road Train Permit

Click here for more Road Train Permit Information


Seed Collection

Click here for more Seed Collection Information


Liquor Licence

1. You can apply for a limited license by contacting the Office of Liquor and Gambling Commissioner. In applying for a license you will need to notify the police.

Applications should be lodged at least 14 days prior to hiring the bus.

You can apply online or download an application form from or contact the liquor License Branch on 08 8226 8477.

2. As part of an organisation's application to the Liquor & Gaming Commissioner for a Liquor Licence, a letter must be obtained from Council outlining Council's views in regard to the application.

For special events, it is recommended that the organisation write to Council seeking approval as soon as possible to allow enough time for the application to be brought before Council at an ordinary meeting (held once a month).